Тонарм SME Series 300 Model 309
The Series 300 broadens the application of SME technology.
Although the unique one-piece magnesium tone-arm is used for the Series 300 Model 309, advanced metal techniques produce a fabricated arm of exceptional stiffness for the Series 300 Model 310 and 312 arms thus allowing a choice of three arm lengths to suit all decks.
The detachable magnesium headshell has a new style coupling, providing the convenience of rapid cartridge interchange without loss of rigidity.
Our designers can be justly proud of these models which offer a performance and manufacturing excellence unmatched by many more expensive models.
- Unique pressure die-cast magnesium shell detachable and interchangeable without disturbing cartridge or wiring.
- New design clamping arrangement ensures rigid junction with tone-arm.
- Internal constrained layer damps minute residual vibrations making tone-arm acoustically inert.
- Stainless steel cross shaft, ground and thread ground. Carried in massive yoke on 10mm precision ball races. Axis at record mean level to minimise warp-wow.
- Unique assembly gives high rigidity and allows bearings to be critically adjusted before tone-arm is fitted.
- Stainless steel vertical shaft, ground and thread ground, with integral 16mm diameter flange to couple shaft and yoke.
- 23mm diameter steel pillar, heat treated, ground and honed, carries two 17mm precision ball races, widely spaced to resist tilt.
- Anti-skate control operates through tension spring and filament. Dial corresponds with VTF and has positive OFF position.
- Lowering/raising control gives smooth positive action. Height of lift can be adjusted.
- Dual-lock base provides movement control with high rigidity.
- Tungsten-alloy balance weight carried on damped two-point suspension. Extra-low inertia design assists warp riding.
- Underslung weight housing corrects centre of gravity and provides non reflective tone-arm termination.
- Swivelling, damped output socket minimises vibration transmission in sub-chassis use.
- Reference lines on tone-arm facilitate VTA setting.
- Fine adjustment of horizontal tracking angle (HTA).
- New design alignment protractor sets HTA with great accuracy.
- Cartridge leads and internal wiring LCOFC litz.
- Balanced LCOFC audio lead with gold plated phono plugs.